Benefits of Drumming
- Encourages emotional & physical release
- Builds community through collaboration
- Provides positive self-expression
- Improves concentration & focus
- Develops listening skills
- Engages withdrawn participants
- Boosts self-confidence
What to Expect
- Drums and percussion for all
- An experienced facilitator
- Research-based practices and activities
- One-hour workshops
- It’s therapy without talking.
- I feel more connected to all of us as a group.
- I was able to get out of my head, stop thinking and just play.
- It reminded me how much I enjoy music and I’m going to start playing again.
- My forearms feel less stiff and less painful. (72 yr old with arthritis)
- Before we started drumming, I was horribly anxious because I have no rhythm and don’t play music. After drumming with everyone as a group, I realized I do have rhythm and we all played together, like our own band!!