For thousands of years, and in many cultures, drumming has been used for community building, celebration and self-expression. Drum circles engage diverse populations, transcending common barriers such as language, physical ability, and socio-economic status.
When students join together in creating group rhythm they collaborate in non-verbal and creative ways.
Our programming is accessible to students of all ages and abilities regardless of previous musical experience.
Participation connects students to each other and builds a sense of community.
Benefits of Drumming
- Builds community through collaboration
- Promotes relaxation, self-confidence and well-being
- Provides a medium for positives self-expression
- Integrates right and left brain
- Improves concentration, focus, and listening skills.